To those who celebrate: Happy Easter! And to those who don’t: Happy Sunday!
– a box of spring mix lettuce
– 3/4 cup of quinoa (pre-cooked last night)
– 3/4 cup of garbanzo beans (I debated using black beans, but garbanzo ended up being a tasty choice. I can’t remember what they used at Peacefood)
– 3/4 cup of corn
– one half of a red pepper thinly sliced
– ditto with a green pepper
– a few stalks of green onion chopped up (probably any type of onion would work great — I am just such a sucker for green onions)
– one ripe avocado chopped into little squares
|Isn’t she purty?|
It turned out just as fluffy and delicious as I remember! While the salad had some great textures going on, the best part of my at-home version was definitely the Lime-Mustard Dressing. After searching the web, I whisked together:
– 2 tsp dijon mustard
– 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
– 1/4 tsp of both sugar and salt
|Shake it up, baby|
This dressing was sweet, tangy and light; and the perfect complement to the plate o’ veggies!
|More dressing, please!|
The salad ended up getting quite a few compliments — I am definitely not the only veggie lover in the fam. Next time, I plan on doubling the dressing as we had just enough. I also got requests for more quinoa, so I will probably add a half a cup of that as well.
After dinner I got to satisfy my sweet tooth:
|Tie-Dye Cupcakes by Erin|
|Chocolate Cheesecake by Marc|
Along with this, lots of easter bunny candy was consumed.
Although it was a day full of delicious eats, the best part of Easter was getting to laugh and catch up the family — it’s rare for us all to be in one place these days and I definitely don’t take it for granted.
|Meg, Erin, Mum, Gillian (Dad not pictured)|
Your turn: Have you ever tried to recreate an unforgettable restaurant meal? How did it turn out?