(photos edited with instagram)
Reading break = first holiday baking project of the season:
Okay, so the Silk Nog has nothing to do with the actual baking. Last year I kept putting off buying it and by the time Christmas rolled around, I couldn’t find it anywhere! When I saw it in the supermarket today, I snatched it right up. I can’t wait to try it. If only I had some rum…
My first ever attempt at Homemade Peppermint Bark using this recipe (based on the very delicious, kinda expensive $30 bark sold at Williams-Sonoma). I hope it tastes as yummy as it looks!
Somebody was craving attention today! Lils curled right up alongside me as I burned through my book club book. It’s rare that I’m home for more than a few hours at a time, and I think she was pretty happy to get a quality cuddling session in.
More than halfway done… I think I can, I think I can…
In other news, the lovely Taylor over at “Goings on out in West Texas…” has nominated The Greener Bean for its first ever award: The Versatile Blogger Award. So exciting… thank you Taylor!
Here are the responsibilities that come along with the award:
- Thank the award-giver and link back to them in your post.
- Share 7 random things about yourself.
- Nominate 15 fellow bloggers and let them know about it!
- Add the award pic to your blog post.
Okay, here are My 7 Random Things:
- I am ambidextrous. I write and hold a fork with my left hand, but cut with scissors and use a computer mouse with my right hand.
- Although I can be lazy about finding the time to read, I really do love to read!
- My favorite book is A Prayer for Owen Meany by John Irving.
- I never dreamed of living in NYC, but this is where I ended up, and it’s been a really fun experience so far.
- I moved here to work in the theatre.
- If my 13 year old self could see me now, I’m pretty sure she’d think my life was pretty awesome (at least, way more awesome than my 26 year old self thinks it is!)
- …although she probably would wonder why I am 26 and don’t have any kids yet!
That was fun. Now time to award 15 bloggers! I decided to go with family/friends and new-to-me bloggers who stopped by during NaBloPoMo (which actually ended up being a lot of Mum’s blogger friends! Thanks guys!) In no particular order…
- Knitting the Blues
- A Little Ketut
- Design This Life
- Carole Knits
- Liv Out Loud
- This Mummas Life
- Minestrone Soup
- Papa is a Preacher
- Frazzled and Frumpy
- Lucy’s Reality
- Shambolic Living
- Living, Laughing, Loving…
- My Life in an Alternate Reality
Time to get back to reading. Book club is at 3:30 tomorrow. I have work at noon and 100 pages to go…
Tell me: Are you more of a procrastinator (like me!), or would you have had the book finished days ago (I wish!)?