I started writing this post before we left for our New Years Eve Vermont trip. Between closing out work for vacation (yes!), packing and getting on the road, things got a little crazy! I’m emerging from the other side of the trip now, but thought I’d keep the post as is…
This photo was taken from the window of our Box Office – my first real New Hope snow! I guess this place ain’t so bad… 😉
Before taking off for Vermont in a few hours, I wanted to check in one last time in 2012. 2012 was a huge year of growth for me, for sure, but it was 95% focused on work, and little on anything else!
People tend to have mixed feelings when it comes to New Years Resolutions. Resolutions can be cheesy, they are often forgotten about within the first few weeks of the year, they can ultimately set the individual up for failure… the list goes on.
That being said, I am all about using the New Year as a fresh start to set some goals! Cue the following quote:
“If a man knows not to which port he sails, no wind is favorable.”
Too true, Seneca, too true. In 2013 I am generally looking to get back to being more well-rounded. Having a successful career is important to me, but if I know anything about myself, it is that I need a variety of “flavors” in life to feel fulfilled. Here are some of my 2013 “goals-a-lutions” (that works, right?) to get this ship pointed in the right direction:
1. Volunteer at least once – since I graduated college in 2008, I have been horrible about “giving back,” which is completely pathetic, because I know how awesome it makes me feel. Time for a change.
2. Run six races – I need to make the time to get back in shape and what better way to do it than to commit to some races? Why six? Why not?
3. Go to the dentist twice – I haven’t been in two years. I have nightly panic attacks about cavities. ‘Nuff said.
4. Don’t sweat the small stuff – especially when it comes to work. I need to focus on closing my eyes, counting to ten, staying positive and remembering that “it’s just theater.” 🙂
5. Keep blogging! I love having this outlet to write, photograph and share… even if it’s just a few posts per month.
These sound do-able, right?
The countdown is on — in about 5 hours I go on the first vacation I’ve been able to take in a year. We are up to Vermont with friends for New Years and then, who knows? Trying to relax, plan as little as possible, and take things one day at a time.
Do you have any resolutions, goals or “goals-a-lutions” for 2013? Share away!
HAVE A HAPPY NEW YEAR! I will see you in 2013! xoxo